Loulou - Present
Starting this week, Loulou works full time at the bookshop, D’Night. She is replacing her brother, who is helping Rena, his girlfriend, delivering her bakery orders throughout the city. It’s the first time, after all these years, that Loulou sees Radhi so cheerful, and by knowing that, her heart is filled heart with joy. When their village was destroyed and their parents murdered, he took the unrequested role to look after Loulou and protect her from any evil, setting his life and own feelings aside. Even without holding Rena’s hand, Loulou knew that the blond blushing baker was the perfect match for her brother, as their chemistry was visible to everybody, and still is. Although she wished them all the happiness in the world, Loulou can’t avoid feeling some envy of their complicity. But the long wish of having a niece running into her arms to cuddle was a heavier weight on her life scale.
The morning is fresh. Soft rays of the sun light up the green in the colourful vases hanging on the brick wall. Loulou abruptly stops when she sees the figure dressed in black leaning against the wall. Again... The fourth time this week. She deeply breaths in and quickly reaches the door, ignoring the person standing next to it.
- “Good morning… You’re looking really beautiful today.”
- “Today?” – Without looking at Anna, Loulou turns the key and pushes the red wooden door open.
- “Everyday…” – The barwoman walks behind the pin-up dressed in gradient yellow.
- “Amazing how low you go to get a fresh coffee. Just sit. I’ll bring it to you…”
- “Yes, ma’am…” Anna salutes beating two fingers on the side of her forehead and walks to the closest table, facing the counter.
- “Sweet talk won’t take you anywhere, you know…” Loulou picks a cookie from the jar and places it on the saucer with the cup of coffee.
- “Like the wise people say: One catches a bee with honey…” Anna smiles and bites the heart shaped cookie.
- “I thought it was a fly…” Loulou looks puzzled.
- “You’re wearing the wrong colours then…” - Anna slides her hand up and down in the air, drawing attention to Loulou's outfit.
- “Oh… Behave…” Waving in faked disdain, Loulou walks behind the counter and puts on her apron with the bookshop logo.
- “Or else?” – Anna gulps the rest of the espresso and stands up.
- “Here… take it…” With a large smile, Anna grabs the strawberry lollipop from Loulou’s fingers, who tries to hold a serious face, but the sides of the lips betray her.
- “See you tomorrow, gorgeous…” – Anna leaves with a wink while placing the candy in her mouth.
- “Hush… go…” Loulou shoos Anna by winking her back.