The women and elderly took what they could to try and rebuild the homes. The children with magic used the basic earth spell that was taught to them by Charlemagne and combined it with the very basic water spell that was taught to them by him as well to make wet clay and mud. So they could help with the hay that they threw on to the holes in the slightly burned huts that would dry and seal up the cracks hopefully. By morning the village was looking back to its normal self and the people seemed more connected and stronger together.
Meanwhile in the city of Tripoli or Regio Syrtica as the Romans call it, the scout that had his arm torn off and his wound cauterized by Charlamagne stood in front of the legionary general station there. The general was a man seemingly in his mid 40s but still had the build and look of a man in his late 20s with the only noticeable trait of his age being the fact that most of his hair was turning gray. He looked like your standard stereotypical Romans soldier for the time but his armor was decorated with the pelt of a zebra and a leopard that seemed to be spoils of a hunt.
Seeing the injured scout the general immediately began questioning him on what happened, "Gods above! What happened to you soldier? Who did this to you?"
The scout answered, "A young man from the tribe we were sent to capture and bring back. He was like the Star-Kissed but more. Not only did he have stars on his body but he had moons and suns as well, sir. He didn't just have a few. He had more than any we've ever seen. I counted over 5 dozen from what I could see. He wiped out my entire unit sir by himself like it was nothing. His powers came to him as naturally as it is for us to breathe. Those powers were far greater in what they could do when he used them then what those we have captured for the special unit could even hope to attempt."
"You said this boy was a young man how old did he seem to be based off of his appearance," asked the general. The scout replied still shaken by the encounter, "He looked to be maybe 15 or 16 years of age. He's the oldest Star-Kissed I've ever seen. With all the markings on his body I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first."
The general took a sip of wine from his goblet as he sat down in his comfortable chair and try to reassure the scout, "He does sound dangerous but Captain Ladigius is there, and there's also the extra 200 men in case things start to look a little bit too much for even the captain to handle. No matter how strong the boy might be; he's still just 1 boy. It will all work out."
Immediately charging into the room screaming for the general with several soldiers following after him trying to stop him is the only other survivor of the assault. As soon as the general sees him and the soldiers are able to catch up to him they try and grab him. The general stands up and looks at him confused and slightly annoyed by the interruption. But before the soldiers could get him back through the door he shouts something that causes the general to react very astonished, "General! The mission failed! Captain Ladigius and everyone else is dead!"
As the soldiers are about to close the door behind them the general orders them to stop and let the man speak. This was a report that he wanted to hear. After being let go the man now with only one eye gave his report with a frantic fear and psychological trauma that will probably never go away, "Everything had started out fine when the captain and the others pushed from the front. Those in the back we never saw come out of the tree line and we don't know what happened to them. But that's the same direction that young man came out of, so I assume they're dead. When this young man showed up, he started giving some of the younger children orders. These children seem to be between the ages of 4 and maybe 12 at the most. There were about ten of these children and they all started making water appear out of nowhere putting out the fires that the captain and his people had set on some of the homes in the village. The young man then started fighting with the village warriors that were trying to protect the rest of the people, and he was stronger than anything I've ever seen and faster too. His strength and speed alone was more than what we could handle and when he started using his powers it was much greater than anything we've ever seen from any of the Star-Kissed. He had stars himself but there were lots of them. He also had moons and suns on his body as well. When almost all of the men fighting with the captain were dead and he had taken out the archers in the back; our commanding officer gave us all the order to advance. We came rushing forward, but he trapped us behind a circular wall of stone and we tried to break our way out. Once we were free the captain and everyone else was dead, and then these two monster people seemingly appeared they looked like demons. The villagers had all armed themselves and the young man was standing in front of them."
"What happened after that soldier," as the general asked the question he looked more shocked and in disbelief at the idea that the captain he trusted with this mission could have been killed so easily.
The survivor continued, "Then......... Out of nowhere the young man simply raised his hand and brought it down. At that moment a pillar of fire burned most of the men in the center of our squad to death. From there the people of the village with the young man and those two monsters slaughtered us one by one like we were nothing. They took my eye and sent me back to warn you that even if you send 10,000 men it will end the same. General I saw firsthand just how powerful that young man and those monsters were. I believe it when he said if we sent 10,000 they would all be slaughtered too."
The general says, "Enough. You have both given your reports. I must sit and think what we are to do next. This young man seems like a threat to all of the Empire if he is allowed to continue to live and grow. But if we continue to attack him and his village this will simply provoke them into seeking us out and destroying us here if they are as powerful as you claim. Leave me so I may plan our next move."
As everyone clears out of the room, the general begins shouting obscenities and curses at the top of his lungs while tossing most of the food and drink that he had prepared for breakfast. This was a colossal failure and they did not know enough personally about the power of their enemy outside of what 2 obviously traumatized soldiers claim. If he underestimates his enemy it could prove to be potentially fatal and make him look incompetent to the rest of Rome. However he needed to find a solution but for the meantime he would not cause any further problems unless he loses more of his men.
A few hours later back in the village Charlemagne woke up to see his parents sleeping around his bed of hay. It was clear that they were watching over him as he dreamed which filled him with comfort. The moment that he looked away from them his character sheet popped up again saying:
Congratulations on reaching level 5!!!
You successfully killed 78 human scouts and 1 human captain. Each between the levels of 1-3. This has earned you 79,000 XP. You may now enter the updates to your stats and skills and select your first set of perks, new spells, and your fighting style.
He was really annoyed that it took him leveling up after passing out from exhaustion to give his character sheet to finally reappear. However he didn't look a gift horse in the mouth and decided to go ahead and update his stats and skills and look over his other options. He noticed that with his level up he got 40 points to spend collectively between his stats and 60 points to spend between his skills from the 4 level ups that he got.
His stats after leveling up:
He added 20 points to Spellcraft, Enchanting, and Arcana bring each up to 50.
His perks were as follows:
- Transmute Arcane: You gain the ability when you cast a spell to change the damage type of the spell into any other damage type that is not bludgeoning, slashing, or piercing when you first cast it.
- Dragon Stance: This is a fighting style that has been long forgotten that was once to use by the mighty dragons that infuses magic into their attacks automatically while increasing their power and lethality. All unarmed, ranged weapon, and melee weapon attacks deal an extra 10d6 of either fire, water, wind, earth, lightning, cold, poison, or acid damage on a hit. This can be used with spells and other abilities that manifest weapons made out of pure magic like the ability of the Spellblade.
- Arcane Swordsman: Whenever you use an enchanted sword or a sword made purely from magic; it permanently deals 10 extra dice of damage.
For his fighting style he chose:
- Dragon Saint Style: A user of this style of combat has mastered the art of sword and spell based combat and as such they gain a +10 to hit and +100 to damage when using that weapon.
After finalizing his level ups he's able to look at his character sheet for the first time since being reborn into this world. He learns that his class is actually Spellcaster which makes absolute sense given that he's supposed to be the first person with magic in this world.
His Specialization aka Class bonuses from being a Spellcaster:
- Stat Bonus: +5 Brilliance, Enlightenment, and Endurance
- Skill Bonus: +10 to Arcana, History, and Spellcraft
- Starting Equipment: A set of half leather/ half iron plate armor, a longsword, a shortsword, a warstaff, a backpack and survival equipment inside it for camping and such, a grimoire, and a pet raven, snake, lizard, kitten, or octopus.
- Arcane Knowledge: You gain immunity to one of the following damage types: fire, water, wind, earth, lightning, radiant, necrotic, holy, or unholy. When cast spells that deal damage of the same type as the one that you chose to have immunity in from this ability; all of your spells of that kind deal an additional 5 dice of damage. You gain 3 spells from a school of your choice.
- Imbue Arcane: You select one of the following damage types and imbue a single melee weapon to deal an extra 5d10 of that type of damage: fire, water, wind, earth, lightning, radiant, necrotic, acid, poison, force, holy, or unholy. Also for the duration of this ability you can choose to fire out a burst of that same damage type from the weapon you have imbued it to and make a ranged spell attack on a single target that you can see within 100ft and deal the same amount of damage. This lasts for 1 minute and can be used twice per day.
- You gain 3 spells from a school of your choice.
His Race abilities as derived from the type of hybrid he is:
- Stat Bonus: +5 to Brilliance and Might
- Skill Bonus: +10 to Arcana, Religion, and Spellcraft
- Arcane Ancestry: You choose one of the following elements: fire, water, wind, earth, lightning, cold, sound, psychic, force, poison, or acid. You gain immunity to the damage type of the element that you selected, whenever you cast spells of that elements type they do 5 extra dice of damage, you gain 3 spells from a school of magic that deals that type of damage, and you gain Magesight and Dragonvision of 100ft.
- Dimmed of Death: You gain Deathsight of 150ft. You are immune to unholy damage and resistant to necrotic damage. All of your attacks have +10 to hit and +50 to damage. All of your spells deal 5 extra dice of damage and any saving throw DCs they force someone to roll increase by 10. You gain 3 spells from a school of magic of your choice.
- Dimmed of War: You gain Truesight of 150ft. You are immune to holy damage and resistant to radiant damage. All of your attacks have +10 to hit and +50 to damage. All of your spells deal 5 extra dice of damage and any saving throw DCs they force someone to roll increase by 10. You gain 3 spells from a school of magic of your choice.
His Upbringing bonuses:
- You gain +5 to Brilliance and Might and +10 to History and Athletics.
- Lord of War: You were born and raised during a time of war and as such you have spent most of your life learning how to be the perfect soldier. You gain +15 to hit and +50 to damage with all attacks. If you cast a spell that forces a saving throw the DC for that saving throw is increased by +10. All allies within 50ft of you gain a passive buff of +5 to hit and +25 to damage for all of their attacks. Twice per day you can boost a successful attack of any kind to deal 5 extra dice of damage.
- You gain resistance to 2 damage types of your choice.
Looking over everything that his character sheet gives him he notices that without knowing it at first, and only going with it now after spending 15 years working toward that goal anyway; that he set himself up to be a pure battlemage. Seeing his character sheet only further solidify that this was the path that he had chosen for himself. Once he closed it down he began to get up from bed which caused his parents to wake up.
His mother started looking him up and down before hugging him tightly. His father patted him on the head and proudly smiled, "You proved yourself a real man last night. Let it never go unsaid of just how proud of you I am."
Charlemagne smiled too and hugged them both back. However the tender moment did not last long as the voice of the chief could be heard outside calling for him, "Charlemagne.... If you have awoken then please come here?" Hearing the call he looked his family and they all nodded to each other and made their way outside. There the chief and the rest of the tribe waited for him.
The chief had the eye that had been almost entirely destroyed at this point covered with an eye patch and the other wound that he suffered was now bandaged up as he leaned on his walking stick a lot harder. The chief requested, "Would you please step forward so I may see you clearly?" So he did noticing that not a single person in their tribe died last night even if some had been injured.
The chief spoke with pride and honor, "Yesterday you are tasked with bringing back an animal to prove yourself a warrior and an adult in the eyes of the tribe. Instead when you learned of the attack that was going to befall us you protected us and came back to save us. There is no need for an animal to be claimed to say that your task was completed. You are a warrior and a leader and you are an adult. So long as you live I have faith that the Sun-Blessed tribe shall never fall. Now let us sing to your triumphant victory and our freedom!"
In the year 2055, the world is in chaos as World War 3 is in full swing and has been growing worse and worse over the span of the last 5 years. A lieutenant of the United States Army by the name of Charlemagne Ignis and the last 8 that remains of his platoon after the rest of their squadron was slaughtered fight to the very end until nuclear bombs begin raining from the sky. Right when the bomb is about to hit and all of them are about to die time seems to freeze and Charlamagne is given an offer by an unknown being calling itself God. He can die here, or he can be transported to a world like his Earth but with magic and monsters and potentially find a way to save humanity from death by nuclear fire. Only after accepting the deal from the mysterious entity that offered it, he learned that there was a bit more to the world and to the deal than he initially thought. Finding that the world was similar to some of the video games that he had played in his youth and that he was reborn as a Nephilim made him start to question whether or not he was really alive or just dreaming it all up before dying. With a whole world to explore and several mysteries to uncover, Charlemagne would immediately set out to try and figure out how this world worked and who the entity was really that offered him this deal.