Tapas Redraw & Rewrite Challenge (Chance to win 10,000 bonus ink!)Jan 06, 2021
That means it’s time for a new challenge! How has your art or writing progressed over time? Now is the chance to see exactly how far you have come! We are thrilled to release our Redraw & Rewrite Challenge templates!
Want a chance to win 10,000 bonus ink? Participate in our Redraw & Rewrite Challenge Event for a chance to be one of 10 randomly selected winners! Please see the bottom of this newsletter for more details about entering the raffle.
To fill these templates, you take an old work from any past year and redraw/rewrite it! It’s an excellent way to see your progression and put your creative journey into perspective. These templates are free to use for anyone and to post on any of your social media channels, and you may use this template at anytime throughout the year. Please feel free to make any adjustments to the template as you see fit. Let us celebrate your creative journey together, so make sure to use our hashtag #tapasredo2021 so that we can find your post!
How to fill out the Redraw Challenge template:
• If you have Photoshop or any application that can open PSD files, download the PSD file HERE.
• If you do not have Photoshop, download the PNG file HERE.
• Open the file up in your preferred art program.
• Write your username where it says “CREATOR NAME.” For PNG file users, the fonts are Helsinki (years) and Quicksand, but please feel free to use any font you’d like.
• On the left side, fill the blank space with any old artwork. You can choose any piece you’ve ever drawn (including comic panels!) as long as it was NOT made in 2021 (for the purposes of this raffle but feel free to do so in the future). Write the year the piece was drawn underneath. (For example, I am choosing a piece I drew in 2018, so I will replace 20XX with 2018.) Optional: add the month next to the year and/or your series' name if the art is from a comic.
• On the right side, redraw the old artwork!
How to fill out the Rewrite Challenge template:
• If you have Photoshop, download the PSD file HERE.
• If you do not have Photoshop, download the PNG file HERE. You can use various applications to input text and images on the PNG file (Instagram, MS Paint, etc.). Please see the guide in the folder to know what information goes where.
• Write your creator name where it says “CREATOR NAME” (see guide). For PNG file users, the fonts are Helsinki (years) and Quicksand, but please feel free to use any font you’d like.
• On the top section, fill the blank space with any excerpt you’ve ever written as long as it was NOT written in 2021 (for the purposes of this raffle but feel free to do so in the future). Write the year the excerpt was written above. (For example, I am choosing an excerpt I wrote in 2018, so I will replace 20XX with 2018.) Optional: add the month next to the year and/or your series' name if the excerpt is from a novel.
• On the bottom section, rewrite the old excerpt!
The Demon Babysitter by Aanchal Budhiraja
• 1 submission per person.
• No purchase is required to enter the raffle.
• Fill out the template and post your submission on our forum post OR Instagram OR Twitter using the hashtag #tapasredo2021. We will not be able to count Instagram or Twitter stories as submissions due to its temporary nature. Thank you for your understanding.
• The submission deadline to join the raffle is January 21th, 2021 at 11:59 PM PDT. All winners will be notified via PM on Instagram, Twitter, or our forums by January 26th, 2021. You may continue to use this template and post it on any social media channel even after the deadline. The deadline is only for the purpose of the raffle.
Please reply to our forum post to let us know if you have any questions!
Creator Happiness Team Member
Looking for our tutorials?
Tips and Tricks for New Creators
How to Create a Compelling Character
Want to learn more about Tapas and our creators?
[Tapas Insider] Reflections on 2020
[Tapas Insider] Comic Roommate
[Tapas Insider] Success Through Grit and Dedication - Sera Swati
[Tapas Insider] Quarantine at Tapas
[Tapas Insider] Between Horror and Cute - Koolaid-Girl