Connie hissed as she looked at the bite in her arm; the corrupted gem had emerged from the ground and caught her off guard.
She heard Steven's scream while he ran towards her
- Connie, let me heal you.
Steven kissed her wounds and immediately they were closed.
- Thanks Steven.
- This is strange _ Pearl said worried
- What is it P.? _ Amethyst asked
- They ambushed us, but corrupted gems are not usually that smart.
- We will investigate. But first we have to take Connie and Steven home, it's getting late. _ Garnet said while looking at the sunset.
- BUT GARNET! _Connie and Steven exclaimed.
- No, Garnet is right, you humans need to rest, and you two have been fighting for hours _Pearl told them_ Besides, I don't think your parents would like you to come home late, Connie.
Yes ma'am _She said defeated
- Don't worry Connie. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning
- Thanks Steven.
Lion took Connie back home. On the porch she found her parents waiting for her.
- Hi honey, how was your day? _Priyanka welcomed her daughter.
- Did our swashbuckling swashbuckler defeat some bad guys? _Doug said cheerfully
- It was great, we poofed a bunch of corrupted gems, but…
- BUT? _Priyanka said with curiosity
Connie hesitated a few seconds; she didn't want them to worry, but at the same time she didn't want to break her promise of not keeping secrets.
- But one of them managed to bite me _she finally said, looking at her feet. When she looked up she found the concerned look of her parents.
- BUT STEVEN ALREADY HEALED ME, LOOK _She quickly tried to reassure them by showing them her arm.
Priyanka knelt at Connie's height
- We know how important this is for you, but all these recent events have had us quite scared. Now, we’re not going to forbid you to continue, but you have to promise us that you will be more careful.
Connie looked her mother in the eye and then her father; they were both waiting for an answer.
- I promise.
- Thanks honey _She said as the three of them embraced for a couple of minutes.
- By the way _Doug finally broke the silence_ you must be hungry I'm going to prepare supper, what does that sound?.
- That sounds great _Connie said with a smile on her face.
That night Connie had a strange dream about some tunnels and a pair of red eyes.