A great story can start from an accident and that same accident, can change your life in ways you never imagine possible. My story begins with me, Jake Collin, a 22 years old and young astronaut, on his first mission inside a satellite in space.
- WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Meteorite collision in under 5 minutes. - said the satellite emergency system ringing the alarms loudly.
Nasa never expected something like this to happen to our mission. I could feel the fear running through my veins, thinking in my mind that I would not survive this.
- Sam! Jake! You both go and use the emergency escaping pod. It will send you straight to Earth and you will land in the Atlantic ocean. Nasa will then rescue you from the pod. - said the mission captain while trying to find a solution within the control panel.
- But sir, you will be left behind! We cannot leave you behind! You will die! - I screamed holding to the captain´s hand tightly.
- My friend, you are the new Astronaut generation. I have been doing these missions for a long time. Losing you would be a more valuable lost than me, an almost 55 years old man.
- I understand your point of view Captain Flink, We will make you proud and tell your story. - stated Sam giving one last warm hug to her captain before her last salute.
Sam was a 39 years old woman, a very good astronaut that had been doing missions with Captain Flink from the very beginning.
- Now go! I will try to stall time shooting any debris with the laser defenses and shields. - said the captain while we started to run towards the escaping pod.
We run through the door and it closed behind us. We kept running as fast as we could, the satellite was still big so the way to the escaping pod was slightly far. Nasa´s technology had improved a lot and they were able to install fake gravity inside the satellites. This caused living within the satellites to be as close as possible to living in Earth.
As we reached the escaping pod, I pressed the button and the pod opened. I shouted to Sam to hurry up and get in but she said that she needed to go back and grab some important thing from her room. She turn around and started to run towards it but a meteorite debris crashed into the tube corridor that she was using and she was sucked into the void of space. Sadly she died straight away due to the lack of oxygen. - Jake! Go now! - shouted Captain Flink from the radio.
- Sir there is space here for you! - I told him but it did not work...
- It is too late now! Just go and survive! - He shouted to me once again and the emergency system closed the pod´s door, due to oxygen lost detection.
The pod automatically set off from the satellite station towards the planet Earth. Just as I was roughly 1km away from the satellite, I witnessed the meteorite colliding with the satellite station, causing a massive flashing explosion. The explosion´s shock wave caused the emergecy pod to start shacking.
- WARNING! RADIATION DETECTED! You have been infected with radiation of magnitude 7. WARNING! RADIATION DETECTED!
The explosion caused meteorite radiation to reach the escaping pod. I became infected with it and started to cough and feel dizzy.The explosion blast also messed up with the pod´s controls and coordinates. My vision started to blur and I started to feel sick. I quickly threw up and then passed out.
- YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION! OPENING DOORS!
That was everything I could remember after the accident. That happened 4 years ago.
- Yo Jake! Aren´t you getting up today? We got some crops to harvest! Come on you lazy bastard! - said a voice, waking me up from my relaxing and enjoyable sleep.
- Yes, Yes I know...I am wake! Grab me something to drink Jester... I am thirsty from the hot weather... - I said while getting up.
You might be wondering, where am I? What happened to me after the accident? Where did the escaping pod landed? To be honest I don´t really know. It could be Mars because of the red dirty terrain and the warm weather. It could be any other planet... All I know is that I can breathe in this place, I can grow food and find drinkable water. But this is not a paradise. It is far from a paradise. Demons and strange monsters live within the planet and I am constantly fighting them. I have found abandoned cities with building that resemble those from our planet Earth. Houses, skyscrapers and other buildings. But... I knew I was not on planet Earth. This was a different place.
- Jester, we are going to the farm and harvest some food, then I wanna go for a bit of scouting. We cannot leave our guard opened.
- Alright mate, we do as you say! - he answered jumping from the roof of a small building where he was sitting on the ledge.
I wore my astronaut suit i had collected from the escaping pod´s emergency supply box. I placed my astronaut helmet on and moved forwards towards the farm. Why was I wearing
the Astronaut suit you might be asking? It just made me feel more comfortable and helped me repel the annoying bugs.
After sometime of collecting some food, I grabbed the 2 bags of vegetables and started to walk towards home.
- Hey Jester, are you ever going to help me carry these bags? - I asked him looking at him very annoyed.
- Relax mate! You know I would help ya out, but ya need the exercise! - he answered giving me a wink and thumbs up.
- Fine! I guess it cannot be avoided then... - I replied holding firmly to the bags.
As I was carrying the bags home, I heard the sound of flapping wings getting closer.
- I have found you!- said a demonic voice rushing towards me. It was a large demon with massive wings and huge claws.
It seemed to be one of the more vicious demons that roam around the planet killing all weaker demons and monsters. The demon increased its speed towards me and punched me extremely fast, with a strong blow and power in the punch. The tremendous power caused me to fly through the air, making me hit skyscrapers and going right through them. I flew for a good kilometer before slowing down and crashing with my back into a large building.
- Well that happened! - laughed Jester sitting on an opened window by my side. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
- I guess I have to do it myself again! - I stated to Jester. I opened my eyes, forced my legs and hands towards the wall of the building behind me and with some force, I sent myself flying towards the demon, going right through all the holes in the buildings I had collided.
As I could see the demon flying towards me while I was going extremely fast towards it, I closed my right fist. Just as I got close to the demon, I swung my fist and punched the demon, causing it to explode in pieces and splatter blue blood all over the floor and building roofs just under me. Then my movement slowed and I landed on the floor causing a small crater under my feet.
Oh! I almost forget to tell you... The radiation from the meteorite´s blast caused the changes in my body and my life.
- I guess I over did again... - I stated to Jester that was laying on top of a small wall just a few meters from me.
- These demons became very boring to you haven´t they? You don´t find them a challenge anymore like you used to in the beginning... - Jester said while nibbling a flower root in his mouth.
- I guess the bags I collected are lost now... what a waste... Lets just go home and make something to eat... Today was a boring day... - i stated, turning around and walking towards home once again.
- I am not hungry so you can eat it all! - said Jester.
- You are never hungry... never... - I stated.
So I walked home, ate a soup I made with some vegetables I still had in my shelter and lay down, hoping tomorrow will be a better day.