Aiko was standing in front of the dilapidated building. Underneath the helmet, drops of sweat were trickling on her temple. The flashy jacket with the hideous logo of a smiling chicken on the back, was sticking to her skin.
She sighed deeply. Despite the late night, the temperatures were getting warm. Spring was ending, living its place to what would seem to be a burning summer.
Wiping off her sweaty forehead, she checked the address one more time, and made the call:
- Cheeky-chicken delivery, she said without an ounce of enthusiasm in her voice, I’m outside your building, could you get down to pick up your delivery?
- Wow ! You’re already here ! Amazing, you really are the fastest delivery service !
- Thank you, I will be waiting in front of your door…
As she was about to hang up, she overheard the conversation in the other side of the phone :
“She is here with our chicken, said the man who answered her.
“It’s a girl ? Asked a male voice, tell her to come upstairs, if she is pretty might as well have some fun.” Crass laughters followed his declaration as approval.
- Miss ! Suddenly exclaimed the man on the phone, how about you come over, it’s on the third floor, I will give you a tip.
Aiko sighed again. Took a deep breath and finally answered with a height-pitched voice :
- Oh my ! Really ? I’m so grateful to you! You see I have this bad stomachache since this afternoon, and I couldn’t take break since the beginning of my shift ! Could I possibly use your bathroom?
- Uh… I mean sure, answered the man a bit baffle.
- Really ? Oh my god ! Thank you so much, she continued over acting, I think I ate something wrong and now I have a bad diarrhoea, oh gosh ! I could use the bathroom right now actually ! My tummy is acting on his own… ouch ! Feels like… ouch ! It’s gonna come out real soon… witch floor did you say it was again ?
-Ah, Miss ! Interrupted the man in panic, actually the toilet is broken, I’ll just come and get the delivery.
- What… but I thought…
- I’m coming down ! Cut the man before hanging up brutally.
Aiko smiled wanly. She wouldn’t get any tips from this errand. The man came out of the building a few moments later and took the plastic bag with his order while keeping a safe distance from Aiko, a disgusted look on his face. The delivery girl, smiled shyly at him but he stayed unresponsive to her charms and got back inside as fast as he could, without giving her any tip.
Aiko gave a look at her watch. 00:53. That mascaraed made her late for her next delivery. She set up the GPS only to find out that it would take 15 minutes to get there.
- Damn it !
She would have to take a few short cuts in pedestrian areas to make it in time. She hurriedly mouthed her bikes, turned the contact on and drove away on her roaring motorcycle, living behind her puff of black smoke.
- Damn it !
She was riding way above the speed limit, weaving through the narrow empty streets. Those streets were off limits to vehicles, but she couldn’t afford to be late or she would loose the money on this errand. Besides not a soul was hanging in this neighbourhood at this hour, so there was absolutely no way she would collide with someone.
Or so, she thought.