The verses of the little animals of the night were clearly distinguishable. Given the silence in the house they echoed even more acutely.
Jimin continued to be close to me and I was almost afraid to move, in the doubt that he would start crying again.
My mind felt confused.
Did I really find in front of the same boy who had insulted me with his companions? Was he the same contemptuous and indifferent person that I had met in my early days in this remote land?
I had to jump out of this situation, also because it was late and I had to go back to my house. It was definitely inappropriate as a situation.
- Ehm... Jimin - I called him gently.
He raised his face to mine and stood looking at me, with his face still wet with tears and red eyes.
I admit that see him like this made soften my heart.
Damn my sensibility!
But I had to be lucid again.
- So... It's getting late and I should go home. My sister will be worried - I said seriously.
- Stay, please. I need a shoulder, please - his eyes looked intently at mine.
- It's not better that you call some of the boys, so they know you better than me - I said, hoping not to hurt him.
- But you look so kind. I saw you at work, the few times we were on agency. You were always available and you had a smile for everyone. -
His words caught me off guard.
He had watched me without I even realizing it.
- Besides, even if you didn't forgive us, I saw that you gave everyone the chance to talk to you to apologize, and this counts for me a lot -
I didn't know how to answer him.
I still had those unhappy episodes in my mind, and it hadn't passed.
But on the other hand, I had a person in front of me who was suffering, for some reason unknown to me, and as hateful as he was to me, I was taught not to abandon needy people in their times of difficulty.
I sighed heavily.
- Let me first tell my sister, so she doesn't worry. -
A small victorious smile formed on his lips.
I picked up my phone, subsequently writing a text message to my sister, for informed her of my nocturnal absence, and once I agreed to be with her the next day, I returned to paying attention to the home owner.
- Can I make a final request? - he asked hesitantly.
I nodded doubtfully. I was afraid of what he might have asked me.
- Could you stroke my hair to make me fall asleep? Be quiet, there are two sofas, there will be no compromising situations - I read innocence in his eyes.
Another sigh and I nodded.
He lay down on the sofa and I went to sit on the floor, with my side against the piece of furniture, offering me a perfect angle to caress the boy's hair at a reasonable distance.
He turned his face towards me and stood watching me carefully.
He had hazel eyes and his hair was so soft.
I began to enjoy to caress them, they were really soft.
The fatigue was probably playing tricks on me!
I saw his eyes start to get heavy from sleep and Morpheus that slowly took him in his arms.
- Excuse me for my wickedness - he whispered before falling asleep deeply.
He seemed so quiet now.
Quietly holding I went to lie down on the mirrored sofa and put the cover on, I lost myself looking at the ceiling.
At least now the excuses were over.
I breathed a sigh of relief, followed by entering in the world of dreams.