Hey everyone! I have an announcement to make. I hope you're having a nice day, and I hope what I'm about to say is going to make it even better.
Here it goes:
My Cellmate is getting published!
A big thank you to all of you for making this possible!
Thank you for joining me on the rollercoaster/feels ride that is My Cellmate. I love writing so much, and I'm beyond grateful to have all of you whom I can share it with.
As a token of my gratitude, I will be giving away never-before-seen content!
Everybody gets a bonus chapter!
The book is going to be published on January 23, 2023 EST. I'm still here on Wattpad, but for copyright reasons, my publisher has asked me to take down the chapters before publishing.
They are also setting up an author page for me! On this site, you can participate in a book cover contest for My Cellmate. You can create and submit the cover you've always wanted and imagined for the story. And who knows? Maybe you'll be the lucky one to have his/her name on the book cover!
The following are the things you need to know before joining the contest:
• Send the cover to my agent at on or before January 9, 2023.
• Know that if we choose your cover, you will get credit on the physical cover. If you're an aspiring graphic artist, this can be a good addition to your portfolio and might bring you future work from us and other book publishers.
• If your cover wins, you will have to fill out a form that lets us have the cover.
• The use of copyrighted images is NOT allowed. Please use royalty-free images.
• Don't use any people on the cover, I still like that My Cellmate is about imagining the characters.
• If your cover wins, we will do everything we can to use it. However, you need to know that there can be odd reasons why we might not be able to. For example, we might not be able to use the Photoshop file because of an error or we might find a copyrighted image in the cover design.
The cover must meet the following requirements:
• High resolution in JPG and PSD (Photoshop) format so we can use it for the paperback version of the book
• 5.5 in x 8.5 in and 300 DPI (pixels per inch)
• Must have the book title "My Cellmate" and the author's name "S. Glasssvial"
• The cover has to look good in Amazon thumbnail size. Attract possible readers; make them want to click on it.
• The text needs to be readable.
• Maximum use of two fonts only.
By the way, this is not mandatory. I'm only giving you guys the chance to get involved in the book launch because I couldn't have gotten here without you. I can't thank you all enough!
Please stay tuned for more updates. I'll see you in the next post!
Comments (12)See all