Thuc Nghi startled and woke up. Her heart started pounding. She knew she had just dreamed something very scary, but she lay there for a long time and still couldn't remember what it was like. Moreover, every time she tried to rummage through her memory, the right side of her head kept throbbing again.
Only then, Thuc Nghi rolled her eyes and looked around. In the space that was almost filled with pure white and clean, there was something black suddenly shot out onto the balcony.
Thuc Nghi's heart skipped a beat, fortunately there was the sound like a small talk outside the door:
- Is this patient your friend?
- Yes, is the situation serious?
- It's fine, but having a slight bump to the head will probably leave sequelae, usually after a few days, it will recover, but still need to monitor more.
The person who had just came was a doctor and a boy wearing a small badge with the name Mac Tu Lam, working as a nursing assistant at the hospital.
While the doctor looked at the wound on the head for Thuc Nghi to explain the severity, the boy also stood there observing and taking notes, as if he had come to study, not just an ordinary volunteer.
Thuc Nghi obediently waited for the doctor to bandage her head, then answered a few questions of the nature of a preliminary examination. In short, she still needed to stay in the hospital for a few more days.
After the doctor left, Mac Tu Lam closed his notebook and asked:
- Let me help you lie down!
Only then Thuc Nghi wondered:
- Where's my family?
Mac Tu Lam was a little hesitate, but still quickly answered her:
- Your mother seems to be very busy, Yen Thanh will come back from school in the afternoon to take care of you, I've just met your older sister in the hospital lobby, she must have been busy with something, so she left first.
Thuc Nghi blurted out the question:
- Why do you know my family so well?
The boy asked:
- Don't you remember?
Thuc Nghi nodded.
The boy asked again:
- Then why did the doctor ask you if you remember who you are, and you said you still remember?
Thuc Nghi opened her mouth slightly, but just stayed there and no word was out, it took about a few seconds for her to answered the boy's question:
- I'm just talking nonsense.
Mac Tu Lam looked at her with a puzzled expression. Before leaving, he reassured her:
- I will report to the doctor to check you again, remember to answer your own condition correctly, otherwise it will be difficult to determine the treatment direction for you.
Thuc Nghi knew the mistake and nodded.
The boy did not linger any longer. Thuc Nghi pulled out the water pipe herself, staggered out of bed and went out to the balcony to call "meow", the wound on her forehead made her mind still heavy. The black animal lurked behind the bathroom door, also "meow" a few times, then gracefully walked into the room and jumped on the bed, waited for Thuc Nghi to returned to her seat and then begun to turned around of selection, eventually curled up on her lap, just a blanket for the distance.
"This must be my pet cat?"
Thuc Nghi didn't remember much, but still used her finger to stroke a gentle line from the top of the head to the cat's neck, the cold feeling from the finger rushed up to the brain, then down the spine. Thuc Nghi slowly withdrew her hand, vaguely remembered that she did not like cats very much.
A few minutes later, Duong Yen Thanh appeared.
The characteristics of Duong Yen Thanh was very easy to recognized. She weared her bangs flat and tied in a short ponytail about the size of a hand at the back, weared a white shirt with a long black bow tie, a black skirt with red trim, and a badge on the right sleeve, probably school uniform.
Duong Yen Thanh greeted Thuc Nghi, placed her bag on the table and asked:
- You finally awake? Has the doctor come to see you yet? Let me go to call the doctor.
- No need.
Thuc Nghi suddenly became cold, it must have become a habit with this young sister. But Duong Yen Thanh was the first person she remembered by herself.
Duong Yen Thanh stared at the cat, still innocently standed by the bed, wondered:
- Oh, the hospital doesn't allow animals in, does it? Where did you get this cat?
Thuc Nghi didn't want to answer this girl at all, so she frowned and asked another question:
- Where's my mother?
Yen Thanh held her hands together and placed them in front of her, standed in a very polite manner, like a servant in the house:
- Mom is still receiving guests right now, I will go and tell her that you are awake right away.
"Why do i feel so annoyed?"
Thuc Nghi kept wondering. If she remembered correctly, she really hated Duong Yen Thanh, but she didn't remember why she hated, only knew that Yen Thanh was not her biological sister.
Not a sibling, but from the same family line.
Thuc Nghi kept wondering. After a while the doctor returned. The cat immediately ran out to the balcony to hide. This time, the docter examined it a little more carefully, and seemed a little annoyed.
Thuc Nghi was also annoyed, she waited for the doctor to leave, then raised her jaw and asked Yen Thanh:
- What's the docter name?
- Yes? - Yen Thanh was a bit dumbfounded. - I heard that he is a friend of Mr. Huan, whose name is Cao Truc.
- Cao Truc... - Thuc Nghi longed the doctor's name, and asked angrily:
- Who is Mr. Huan?
- Yes, a few days ago, mom discussed about marrying you to Mr. Huan, yesterday you went to met him and got back in a fight with mom, then ran out of the house, because you were in a hurry, so you fell down the stairs.
"Is that why i am in hospital? What bad luck!" Thuc Nghi thought, this ladder must be very high, fell so much that injured her head. But what's the point of getting married? Maybe there's something wrong with that Mr.Huan? Or was he a delinquent playboy?
Duong Yen Thanh saw Thuc Nghi frowning unsatisfied, so she quickly spoke to dissuade:
- You just woke up, your health is still weak, you should rest first, wait for you to recover, and then discuss further.
- It is none of your business! - Thuc Nghi was angry and grumpy. - Go home! There have a docter is alright.
Duong Yen Thanh opened her mouth, seemed like want to say something, but didn't dare to talk. No matter what she was going to say, Thuc Nghi just saw her face and couldn't stand it, now she get her away but she refuses to go, probably wants to use this method to make her vomit blood and die on the spot.
Duong Yen Thanh saw that Thuc Nghi was about to get angry, so she wisely made an excuse to leave:
- Then I will go home and cook some porridge and bring it to you right away.
"You better stop showing your face here!" Thuc Nghi huffed, but didn't say it out loud. At least for now she still needed someone to help restore her memory. And Duong Yen Thanh seems will say anything she asks.
After Duong Yen Thanh left for a while, another person appeared. This time was Thuc Nghi's mother. As soon as she appeared, without asking anything, she immediately put conditions on her:
- When you recover, you don't need to go home anymore, every thing have already been moved there. Just be there and do whatever you want.
As soon as Thuc Nghi was dissatisfied, she immediately had a headache.
Duong Thua Ngan saw that her daughter was still weak, so she sat down next to her and tried to calm down a bit:
- Only Luc Thu knows how to take care of business in our family. Yen Thanh is pregnant, it's also a crime to have an abortion, now only you can marry that family. You know it's thanks to Mrs Nha that i can live to this day, this kindness cannot be ignored. Anyway, you also don't plan to get married, marry anyone doesn't matter, the boy can't do anything to you!
There is an ancient tree in Trung Duong, the bark is rough, the leaves are black, the flowers can make poison, and the fruits can be used as medicine. Taking it's sap into ink can turn the wish written on paper come true.