"I honestly don't know, I don't know the circumstances that led to this, I have no idea, how?...How did it end this way? Why did it end this way? Why did she have to die? Why not me? I who was fragile, who was weak, and not at all bright like she was. She was strong, she inspired me to be a better person. I don't know what to do next from here, I have this monster in my mind, in every cell of my body and a constant fight for it not to take possession of me, and use me to commit more atrocities... Thálita... I only wish you were here... No... How can I be so selfish? I'm the one who took your life."
YEAR: 2335/MONTH:JULY/DAY: 05.
Thálita, a pale, greenish light-haired girl with mirrored glasses, was typing, finishing her research report, her hand on the clock while looking for the "A" key, it was 5:49 p.m.
- Damn, I'm going to be late.
She saves the text file, hurriedly grabs her things, and hurries off, noticeably running in high heels, she was used to arriving at her appointments on time, never more, but never less.
In her run, in the hallway she bumps into her father, knocking over all the documents she was carrying.
- My God, Thálita!
- Sorry dad, I'm late for the meeting with Gape, I mean, almost, I'm never late.
- But you're never early either!
- That's beside the point, kiss, love you!
Yollivister Corporation is a renowned technology company that is ahead of any other in town, helping side by side with government research.
- Bag, where are my keys? Ahhhhhhhhhh, damn! - exclaims Thálita coming down the stairs from the entrance of the corporation.
- Over here!
Thálita gets into the car.
- Let's see if I'm late for my first time, baby. - She says cheerfully with a determined smile on her face.
Corner between two streets.
- Five fifty eight, I'm going to be late...again, damn it! - says Gape, a silver-haired, black boy, with glistening golden eyes, running around the corner.
- The coffee shop is in the next block, there is time, there has to be!
He runs faster, the boy was determined.
- Ah... Ah... I'm tired! - Gape says in front of the coffe shop.
- Mercy! Ah... ah... why the hell were there so many cars here? I had to park in the other block! - Says Thálita, in front of the coffe shop and... in front of Gape, they were facing each other.
- Miracle, you're not late! - Says Thálita laughing ironically, also tired.
- Haha! very funny, and you are still undefeated in the art of inexplicably never being late but also not arriving early. - says Gape catching his breath.
- I arrive early when you are late, my love. - says Thálita in a provocative tone.
- Tsk. - exclaims Gape looking away.
- But what can I say? Is a gift, you know. - says Thálita boasting.
- I don't know, you already have many gifts, one more would be too much.
- Oh yeah? And what other gifts I have? - says Thálita waiting for Gape to praise her...
- Of being the love of my life, besides being beautiful, and on top of that a genius, my God! Am I really dating you? I mean, do you really exist?
... but she never gets used to the compliments, her cheeks flush and her face opens up in a happy way.
- You fool! Let's go, we have some catching up to do.
- How was your last final excursion out of the Dome? I mean, you graduate next week! - Thálita asks Gape excitedly.
- The way you get excited about everything I get involved in cheers me up a lot. - He laughs - Anyway, it was great, we had advances, the species we created in the laboratory multiplied a lot, we discovered some bacteria that managed to survive the extreme conditions that the Earth was, and mutated, became complex beings, they are evolving, this scares me, we may have predators in the future. - He laughs again. - I doubt it very much, it's too surreal and hey, stop looking at me like that... - Gape looks away clumsily.
Thálita was staring passionately at Gape as he spoke. She admires him when he gets excited talking about something he likes and his eyes shine with enthusiasm, especially when this something is her, even though she doesn't know how to handle it very well.
- But what about you, how is the research going? - Gape asks.
- We have made progress, but not much, I am beginning to think that this disease is incurable, and we can only regulate it with lenses...
- Honey, look at your Ph.D.'s in physics and advanced biochemistry, you'll soon find out.
". or it could be an ability that needs control" says Thálita looking at the glass, lost in this thought.
- Hey, hey, the coffee is here. - says Gape waving to Thálita.
- Oh, I'm sorry... ah! I ordered my creamy. I like the creamy here so much - says Thálita a little disappointed with the order that came to her.
- Take it, and pass this one here. - Says Gape pushing his cup to Thálita and taking hers.
- "Thank you" - Says Thálita gratefully.
- Are you going to sleep at home? - Asks Thálita
- Is that okay with you? I slept there all last week. And by the way, I think my house is a mess. - Gape concludes with a look of concern about the cleanliness of his house.
- True right, we have to start living together soon, there is nothing to stop us. -Responds Thálita taking a sip of coffee and staring at Gape.
- W-W-Well, if you don't see a problem, I think it would be great, there's no way I would refuse, you know? My dream is to live with you and everything, you know.
- Gapear Saint Hope, you want come and live with me? - Says Thálita giving Gape a key to her apartment.
Gape keeps calm, looks serious with a small smile.
- I would love to, Thálita Yollivister. - He replies, taking the key.
- Man, I should have made all this climate and the question, but the apartment is yours, so, yeah, that's it, let's go, right? - Gape says laughing and breaking completely that climate that Thálita had established.
Chicxulub Crater, a crater that is today, below the sea, the current history books say that it belongs to the territory of Goglocko and Epanastatio. Since it is located between both.
- Sir, the noise detectors... are beeping at high frequencies. - A sailor informs his superior, they were the night maritime patrol.
- In which location?
- A bit of the peninsula, taking in a region of Epanastatio, the Sufixon region and continuing out to sea.
- Strange, what's under the sea and the city? It is a tourist site.
- Well, sir, it is superstition, but, it is confirmed that buried there, below the peninsula, is the crater of the meteor that killed the dinosaurs.
The commander of the coastal military boat looks silently at the young man, and laughs.
- Are you kidding me? Are you saying it might be related? What? The dinosaurs will revive and excavate and after they reach the sea, they will emerge and destroy the city? Kid, this must be faulty and that's all, we never use the noise detectors.
- Yes, I am sorry sir.
A cave, a huge cave, below the sea, below the boat of these soldiers, dark, but something there, it seemed to be a rock, in fact it was between rocks, but inside, it seemed to be something metallic and that was the cause of the noises.
It was shaking, shaking hard and strong, the rocks that were attached to it, that had fused together over the millions of years that had passed, began to dissolve, then it was clearer, a shiny metal, a metal that when it came loose from the rocks, it seemed to be new, as if millions of years of rock changes were nothing compared to this material.
It was not very geometric in shape, minimalist, it didn't have many details other than the shiny sphere in its middle, which suddenly starts to shine brighter, from this sphere a laser starts to come over it, as if it were a scanner, scanning the whole cave there. The process ends, the laser dissipates.
That form then points its sphere toward the "ceiling" of the cave, and releases a tremendous, immense, and destructive laser. The laser destroys the entire layer of rocks above the shape until it reaches the sea, which, when it arrives, emerges in a magnificent form over the surface, destroying the ships and boats nearby and reaching for the skies.
- Mom, are those the fires you told me about the other day? - Asks a little girl to her mother.
- Wow, yes daughter, they are like that, but they are bigger and brighter than usual ... - Replies the mother. Both were in the center of the metropolis of Epanastatio.
- ...It is still not known what caused the gigantic fireworks in one of the regions of the Epanastatio Dome, but it caused destruction as well, boats and ships were found wrecked in the coastal regions, because of the local investigative units, it is believed that these "fires" came from the bottom of the ocean, and shipwrecked people from these same ships, were rescued as well, it is estimated several deaths, the bodies have not been found yet, the incident happened at dawn this Wednesday, they are investigating the place, we will come back when there is more information. - The journalist was reporting on the morning paper.
- Man, this is crazy, how did such an explosion come out of the bottom of the sea? - Gape comments, carrying a box to the room above.
It was Wednesday, Gapear was finally moving in with his girlfriend, as they had agreed.
- Honey, put it here, after hours it is just for us to organize, is it the last one? - Question Thálita watching Gape climb up the stairs.
- Yes, it's the last one.
They finished taking Gape's things to Thálita's apartment, they were ready, both going to their appointments, Thálita took Gape to college whenever he slept there and now that he lives there, it would be routine.
- Enter my lady. - Says Gape imitating a gentlemanly way by opening the driver's door for Thálita.
- I think it's so cute, but it doesn't have to, you know. - Talks Thálita inside the car, turning it on.
- I know, but it is the minimum, I will have money to take a license only when I start working as a biologist, my internship pays me well, but I still can't save money to pay for it. - Gape says in a resigned tone, but that he wanted to be able to do more.
Gapear increased in an orphanage, he was found by one of the sisters in a cold forest, bleeding and unconscious, he also helps and was raised by them, he did not remember anything, how he got there, nor his own name, he had no record with as his fingerprint or with his face, but he got a name: Gapear, that made his sister responsible for everything, angry, it was supposed to be Gabriel, like the angel, but the sister who was the recorder, was drunk, she had some problems with drinks. Gape was never adopted, his white hair and flaming golden eyes amazed those who visited, when he turned 18, he had to go on with his life, the orphanage helped him there, he had no costs to care for more, since then Gape has been fighting a lot and was overcoming many attempts, always very intelligent, he entered one of the best faculties of the dome and for free, got an internship as an assistant to an explorer biologist and in the meantime met Thálita. Before leaving the orphanage, he could decide whether to accept the surname of the orphanage, which is the name of the place as well: Santa Esperança, because children who did not have a surname, they were not until they were adopted and thus received the same from their family adopted, but as Gape was never adopted, he wanted the surname, in a way, it was a way to always maintain a bond with everyone there, after all, they were his only family.
- Miss, how are you going to register the child?
- Ga-Gabiar ...
The nurse looks at the girl who was clearly drunk.
- Miss, are you sure this is the name? You don't look very good to me.
- Are you kidding me, huh? Of "courze" I'm sure!
- What's it? Just like that, laughing. - Comments Thálita.
- Nothing, I just remembered the day that Sister Hyra went to register my name, "Of 'courze' that I am sure".
- Ah yes. - laughs - You told me that, how lucky, huh, Gabriel.
- Don't even tell me, Tábata.
- Oh, 'you don't start.
- Sure, sure. - Gape laughs.
Something similar had happened for the name of Thálita, but before she was born, she had once told Gapear, her parents were still deciding.
They arrive at Gape's college.
- Come on baby, you're amazing. - Says Thálita placing her forehead with Gape's.
Gape kisses her.
He is admiring her face.
- Seriously, you are the most important thing in my life.
- Soon go, you fool. - Says Thálita embarrassed.
Gape gets out of the car, look he disappeared over the horizon.
- Okay, come on, it's over.
A desert, several sand dunes, a very strong wind, some pools of water. A vision of the metal shape, begins to shake, begins to transform, to expand. Gapear feels, he sees a somewhat iconic scene in his mind, as if it were a memory even though he felt that he had never experienced that, a clear image of a great portal and strangely familiar creatures coming out of it, many of them, more in depth was possible to see a creature much larger than the others, with four arms. Gape was passing through the university entrance gate, he leaned his shoulder against the wall, his legs were shaking.
Humans have not taken care of the Earth and are obliged to leave it. Because they are weak, they are forced to flee for the life of Neo Kosmo and return to Earth, to live in Summits. And now, the very ones who drove them off their planet were at your door to hunt them down again. Humanity's survival has been put at risk again. Gaping and your life marked by tragedies becomes the advantage of your race, men hide secrets, dimensions are revealed, the future, the present and the past have never been so connected, memories return, is this all the work of fate, or of someone else?