Once upon a time, a magical princess named Winter enlisted the help of two human girls.
For the first time in 5 years, a portal opens in a small English town. Winter, who vanished suddenly some years before returns in search of her once-friends Rosie and Megan to find that hers was not a unique story.
Many Winters enlisted the help of many human children all those years ago, each believing themselves unique. But traces of these events are carefully covered up, few and far between.
The few that remember are caught in a struggle against an oppressive force seeking to control what understanding those affected are able to gain.
The mystery thickens as more parties, technology, and history emerge. Who are Carmen, The Salamander, and The Grin? What are the Jewels, the Servers, the elusive Higher Functions?
Where did this "magic" come from, and for what purpose was it designed?
No weapon is built without an intended target, least of all a weapon of mass destruction.
This comic has a free-to-download original soundtrack, embedded in select semi-relevant episodes, or accessible in full by clicking the series banner.
- Updates Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8pm GMT.
- Rated 15+ for adult themes
Content warnings for:
- Characters with scars and disfigurements
- Characters with histories of childhood abuse and neglect
- Mental illness, including severe depression and suicidal thoughts.
- Coercion + manipulative behaviour
- Very infrequent mild horror imagery